Curiosity thrilled the Cat. Ideas for a better day at work.
Curiosity thrilled the Cat.
Ideas for a better day at work.
A research published by Harvard Business Review in 2019, confirms that creativity has a positive impact on business performance. Yet, a recent survey of more than 3000 employees showed a whopping 70 percent feel on-the-job questions are discouraged, thwarting their curiosity, a key component of creativity. Here are five ways to increase creativity at work:
- Hire for curiosity. Ask candidates what books they are reading or to describe a time they learned something new.
- Ask questions. A lot of questions. Research shows that good listeners are more likely to seek creative solutions.
- Ask better questions. MIT’s Bob Langer helps people switch their focus from giving good answers to asking good questions.
- Set goals. New insights suggest that setting goals around learning boosts motivations.
- Let ‘Em Think. Outside-of-the-box thinking encourages people to take on new challenges.
360 Magazine – Issues 16